chi cheng, deftones

Friday, June 11, 2010

:: Joie de Vivre ::

It's been awhile since i updated my life.. well, here goes.

I'v been posting alot about my love life these past few months.. about my emotions (heh), well we're just being humans right?. it also shows that my better half plays quite a big role in my life story.. We share a fair deal of the relationship ups and downs, hmm.. ups and downs, the beauty of being in LOVE. it's not just about cupids and heart shape box full of chocolates and roses and what not. It's also about the occasional fights and quarrels and misunderstandings.. and about giving and taking, suggestions and comments (critics actually *geh)..

But all these are the fundamentals of a relationship. No one likes to argue/fight but it's not all that bad actually, it's an unconventional way of discovering and better understanding your partner.. Because life is not just about the happy moments, the i love yous, the happily ever after.. it's about knowing how to act, rather than to react on a different mood like for instance how to handle your woman when she's in her "down time", how to cool her down when she's all fired up.. and how to love her unconditionally. To be in love, is to put him/her before yourself. It's about willing to sacrifice, and most importantly it's about acceptance.. What you want or dream of having might not be the thing that you'll get, even when you strive for it (sometimes).. it's like that saying "what you see is what you'll get".

Well, sometimes it's hard to accept something that you don't quite like.. but if you're willing to comprehend.. it shows that you are truly in love.. I argue and quarrel and most of the time find it hard to communicate with my beloved. But that doesn't stop me from loving her more. Just look at this blog.. She inspires me to write about stuff.. She has given me reason to do better each day, to BE better each day.. she makes me smile, she makes me laugh, she could make me cry and she can REALLY make me mad.. and I love her for what she has done.

We're getting engaged this Sunday (13/06/10). I know the arguments won't stop even after all this.. but i know that i'd only appreciate her even more. To some of you, this post might be of gibberish or GAY even.. I'm just trying to appreciate her in a different angle/level/what ever you wanna label it. Everything could go wrong, but it's the risk i'm willing to take. because She's worth fighting for.

i'm about to begin a new phase in life.. and i'm having no doubts about everything that is decided.

I'm excited.

and i know, she is too.


:)

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Hey, congratulation on the engagement :)

rezaleXa said...

Hey Jessie! thx :D