chi cheng, deftones

Friday, June 30, 2006

Breakfast for The CHAMPIONS

We're talking about omelets.. those nice tasty eggs mixed with milk (full fat for ultimate indulgence, if you must). Some with cheese, melting in the center or sprinkled or anyway you take it.. Nothing like waking up in the morning to that juicy smell of an omelet.

Remembered how my mom used to make breakfast before going to school. Just how I like my omelet, 2 eggs, 1/2 a glass of milk, cheddar cheese, beaten thoroughly to have that fluffiness in the omelet. In some occasion She would put in something extra like canned tuna of corned beef.. mouth watering? Indeed.

My dad used to bring us up to Fraser's Hill whenever he could for holidays. The sweetest moment was having breakfast in an open cafe enjoying the morning breeze sipping coffee and enjoying the rich aroma (I started drinking coffee since I was 5, 'cos my parents would always make one thermos flask full of coffee everyday) and having my favorite cheese omelet. Breath taking, relaxing, good for the heart. I miss those times (leaving us for his 2nd wife was a lifetime mistake for him, he could have been a good father. Happy Father’s day to you wherever you are)..

I'd go back up there one of these days.. maybe when I have my own family or not. Enjoying the morning air, a cup of coffee, a good book by my favorite author, and that omelet I had as a child.. tak boleh lupa how fluffy and tasty and whatever not..

My last omelet I had was back in JB, taught my (then) girlfriend how to make one. The best I ever had (the fact that she made me my all-time favorite breakfast scored big time). Never thought a meal would bring so much memories, sweet memories.

One whole nation could start a war just to have this kinda meal.. Omelet, Breakfast for the CHAMPIONS.

No comments: